Our friends at Farmers Insurance offer some great advice that may not only give you peace of mind but also may save you money.
How can I make my home safer and possibly save money?
Homeowners who guard against theft, accidents and other losses can often get lower insurance rates and policy discounts. Here are some things you can do to help qualify for lower premiums:
- Secure your home with deadbolts and window locks.
- Install a security system with an outside signal and connection to local police.
- Install and maintain smoke detectors.
- Install a sprinkler system for fire.
- Install a fire alarm that automatically alerts the local fire department.
- Stop smoking.
- Keep walks and entrance ways clear of snow and ice.
Visit the Shop Local Champion Page of our local Farmers Agent, Eric Domes. Eric's office offers a full range of products and services and would be happy to review your needs.